I’ve been lucky to be friends with Stacey for many years, and if there was one word I could use to describe her it would be “positive.” Regardless of the circumstance, she finds the silver lining, making everyone smile and feel better along the way. She is also incredibly funny, and on more than one occasion her humor has caught me off guard and kept me laughing for hours.
Each Monday Stacey posts a “Magnificent Monday Message” on Facebook, and I think her message is a perfect fit for my favorite topic of self-care. So, I reached out and asked Stacey if she wanted to contribute to The Audacious B, giving us her top recommendations on how to tap into positive thinking.
Take it away, Stac!
We all have moments of negative thinking and self talk. Here are a few ways we can be more positive in our thinking.
- Only use positive words when talking – when you speak with others, only use positive words. Omit negative words, such as “don’t”, “can’t”, “not”, “won’t”, and “no.” Just take one day and jot down a mark every time you find yourself saying something negative. Count the marks at the end of the day and the next day try to have at least that many positives.
- Fill your mind with positive thoughts – Constantly look for things to be positive about. Find things you like about yourself, other people, and your life. The more you focus on the positive, the easier it will be to think positive thoughts. At night, just as I am falling asleep I tell my husband 3 things that I felt were positive in my day.
- Celebrate – Share your successes with others. Celebrate everything that happens in your life. No matter how big or small it is, celebrate it. Remember to also celebrate the successes of others too. Remember to celebrate it not to boost about it.
- Smile – There are days when smiling is the farthest thought from your mind, but just the simple act of smiling puts you into a more positive mind set. Smile whenever you see yourself in the mirror. Smile when you see others. Smile for no reason at all.
- Make peace with the past – Do you think about moments in your past where you felt embarrassed, scared or angry? Do you relive events wishing you could have done things differently? Your emotions are connected to your thoughts. If you change your thoughts, your emotions with change. Let go of the past. We can’t do anything to change it. But we can take charge of our present and our future because that is where our power lies.
- Gratitude – Be grateful for your life. Keep an eye out for thing to be grateful for – a sunset, a smile from a stranger, a good commute…Before long, those little things will become bigger things. When we show gratitude, it opens us up to receiving more great things in our lives.
“Positive thinking evokes… more energy, more initiative, more HAPPINESS!”
Stacey M. Bice
Certified “Positive” Life Coach
If you’re in the market for a life coach, I recommend getting in touch with Stacey. You can reach her directly at 435*830*7282, or via her website, www.ignitethepositive.com .